Saturday, October 20, 2007

Spicy Citrus Broccoli

I'm not sure where this recipe came from, but I know I like it. I'm not the world's biggest fan of broccoli, so I have to dress it up with all kinds of flavors. This recipe is great because it is light enough not to overpower a main dish, but it still packs a punch. Depending on your taste, you may want to use more or less pepper.



6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced (not minced from a can, you have to use real garlic)
1 pound broccoli, cut into spears, lengthwise
6 ounces dry white wine
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 lemon and 1 orange, zested


In a saute pan, heat the olive oil and garlic until just sizzling. Add the broccoli and cook, tossing regularly for 8 to 10 minutes, until the stem is tender. Use the wine to slow the cooking down if the garlic begins to brown. When the broccoli is tender, add the red pepper flakes and zests and place on a platter.

No comments: