Friday, October 19, 2007

Roasted Potatoes

This is my favorite side dish. I don't remember where I got the recipe, but this was the first thing I really made my own. I make these for every occasion, and to accompany almost anything. They couldn't be easier or more flavorful. Be skeptical of my amounts. This is one of those recipes I don't measure out anymore. I've just learned how much to add. Still, it's hard to go wrong with this one.


2 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes
1/4 cup olive oil
1 Tbsp salt
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp dried herbs (whatever you like. I prefer rosemary or thyme)
1 tsp garlic powder


Place a 9" x 13" Pyrex baking dish into the oven, and preheat both to 400 degrees.

Dice potatoes into even sized pieces. The smaller the dice the shorter the cook time.

Add salt, your favorite dried herb, paprika, and garlic powder. Coat with olive oil. Toss to coat the potatoes.

Add the the potatoes to the hot Pyrex baking pan. They will sizzle and sear immediately. Shake pan to get the potatoes into an even layer.

Bake for 45 minutes or until brown and crispy, stirring once during cooking. I've found it is best to flip the potatoes with a thin pancake turner as this will slide under the potatoes and keep them from sticking.

No comments: