- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 pound sweet Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1 small zucchini (about 1 pound), sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 sheet puff pastry (half a 17.3-ounce package), thawed
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- green salad, for serving
- Heat oven to 400° F. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until cooked partway through, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate using a slotted spoon; reserve the skillet.
- Add the zucchini, 2 tablespoons water, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper to the drippings in the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until just beginning to soften, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Unfold the pastry on a baking sheet and prick all over with a fork, leaving a ½-inch border around the dough. Spread the mustard on the pastry (avoiding the border); top with the zucchini and sausage. Bake until the pastry is golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cut the tart into 8 pieces. Serve with salad.
Adapted from Real Simple magazine