- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 8 ounces thin green beans, trimmed and halved if very long
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 5-oz. cans flaked white tuna packed in water, drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- cucumbers, carrots, broccoli, other fresh veggies
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly in cold water and drain well. Place quinoa in a large pot with 2 cups water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer until most of the liquid has absorbed and quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for about 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork, transfer to a large bowl and refrigerate until cool, stirring occasionally.
- Steam green beans and other vegetables in mircowave until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain, run beans under cold water and drain again. Cover and refrigerate.
- Whisk together lemon juice and mustard in a small bowl. Slowly drizzle in oil, whisking constantly. Stir in capers. Season with pepper.
- Spread out quinoa on a serving platter. Top with tuna, green beans, tomatoes, olives, onion and other toppings forming rows of each. Drizzle with dressing, season with salt and pepper and serve.
Adapted from myrecipes.com