- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (4-ounce) packages mushroom blend, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in a skillet over high heat. Add mushrooms; sauté 4 minutes. Add herbs and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Stir in 1/3 cup broth, juice, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
- Cook grits as desired. Stir in half of cheese and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Divide polenta among 4 gratin dishes; top with remaining cheese. Broil 5 minutes. Top each serving with 1/2 cup mushrooms.
Adapted from Cooking Light