Very tasty appetizer.
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1/2 pound thin asparagus (about 24 spears), ends trimmed about 2 inches
Sea salt, to taste
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
2 cups loosely packed arugula leaves, washed, drained, and stems removed
Juice of 1 medium lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
3/4 cup (3 ounces) pecorino cheese, half shaved into thin slices and half grated
12 thin slices prosciutto (about 6 ounces)
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
2. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil and vinegar over asparagus; toss lightly to coat. Season with sea salt and pepper.
3. Grill asparagus, uncovered, at medium-high heat, turning often, 4 minutes or until spears are tender, turn bright green, and begin to char slightly. Remove from grill, and set aside.
4. Toss arugula with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, lemon juice, and grated cheese. Season with sea salt and pepper.
5. Place 4 slices of prosciutto flat on a work surface, and top each with 2 asparagus spears, 4 to 5 arugula leaves, and 1 slice of pecorino; roll into a spiral, leaving spears and tips of arugula showing. Repeat procedure with remaining ingredients.
--Adapted from Cooking Light